This year's November School Election will be held November 8, 2021. The deadline for candidates to submit their nominating petition is 4 p.m. on July 25, 2021.
School board secretaries and residents interested in board member candidacy can download the free kit, which includes information on:
- Important Dates
- Nominating Petition
- Sample News Release for Business Administrators
- Vote Poster for Downloading
- How to Become a School Board Member
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Requirements of the New Jersey School Ethics Act
- Criminal Background Checks
- Campaign Reporting Requirements
Nominating Petitions must be filed with the Bergen County Clerk's Election Division no later than 4:00 PM on or before July 25, 2021. The Election Division is located at One Bergen County Plaza, Room 130, Hackensack, NJ 07601. As the office remains closed to the public, Petitions for County Level, Independent and November School Board of Education may be dropped off by appointment or electronically submitted. Please call (201) 336-7020 to make an appointment to drop off petitions or email them to email@example.com.