Steps to follow to register your child (K-6) in the River Edge School District
Please keep this list checklist handy as you proceed through each step
Listed below are the required documents for registering your child in the River Edge School system. While we must see all original documents, you are welcome to bring copies along with the originals.
Step 1Click here, to input important registration information.
Pay Close attention to the instructions on the top of each page.
Step 2Print out confirmation page with bar code. KEEP THIS PAGE and bring with you the day you register.
Step 3Collect Proof of Residency Documents- All documents must be originals.
One from the list below
- For home owners-most recent real estate tax bill or signed deed
- For renters-signed lease
- A closing statement for the purchase of residence within the past 60 days.
- A notarized affidavit from the owner of residence stating that you reside at that residence on a full time basis.
Three from the list below
- Driver's License
- Gas, electric or water bill dated within the past 3 months
- Proof of Home/apartment insurance
- Bank statement dated within the past 3 months
- Automobile Insurance Card
- Current Pay Stub
Step 4Download, complete and print the forms below or attach forms in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Affidavit of Residency
- Registration Questionnaire
- Home Language Survey
- Health History (2 pages)
- Request for Transfer of Student Records
(Only for students transferring from another school)
*These forms are fillable
- River Edge Student Medical Form
including immunizations (physician’s generic form is acceptable)
Step 5Proof of child’s date of birth (Birth Certificate - original)
Step 6Bring all necessary documents to New Bridge Center on:
Tuesday, January 24 (Roosevelt School Students) or Thursday, January, 26 (Cherry Hill School Students)
Last names from A-L from 9am-11:30am
Last names from M-Z from 1pm-2:30pm
- Your child must be age appropriate upon starting their program of study. For example, your child must be 5 years old by October 1 in the same year they will join us for Kindergarten.
- Only a parent or legal guardian may enroll your child. Guardianship paperwork must be submitted at time of registration.
- Your child does not need to be present to register.
- While we need to see original documents at the time of registration, you are welcome to bring your own copies.
Note: If you are living with a family who owns a home in River Edge, the owner must sign our affidavit which needs to be notarized by a Bergen County Notary. Affidavits are available in the school offices. The homeowner must also bring in the above proofs of residency.